Frequently Asked Questions
Before Registering to Test
- Who is required to test?
- See "MTTC Certification Requirements" for information about who is required to test.
- Which test(s) do I need to take?
- See "MTTC Certification Requirements" for information about which test(s) you need to take or whom to contact if you cannot determine which test(s) you need to take.
- Where can I find materials that will help me prepare to test?
- See "Preparing for the Tests" for information about where you can find test-preparation materials.
- When and where can I test?
- Select your test for information about test dates, registration deadlines, and test area availability (for paper-based testing, test area availability varies by test date).
- What are the test fees, and what methods of payment are acceptable?
- See "Test Fees and Payment Policies" for a complete list of test fees and any related service fees and for information about acceptable methods of payment and the policies that apply to the processing of your payment.
- How do I register to test?
- Registration is available on the Internet 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. See "Internet Registration" for more information.
- What is My Account?
- My Account is a password-protected personal account system that provides access to online services for the MTTC program. For complete information about creating, using, and managing an account, see "About My Account."
- How much time will I have to test?
- Select your test for information about test session length.
After Registering to Test
- What should I do if I forget my account username or password?
- On the My Account log-in page, select the appropriate link and follow the instructions provided.
- How do I confirm my registration?
- See "Confirming Your Registration" for information about how to confirm your registration status and what to do if you are unable to confirm your registration status.
- How do I change my registration?
- See "Changing Your Registration" for details about changing your registration (e.g., your test date, your test area), withdrawing your registration, and correcting or updating personal information (e.g., your mailing address).
- I did not receive an admission ticket [applies to paper-based testing only]. What should I do?
- Log in to your account to confirm your registration status and request another copy of your admission ticket. If you are unable to receive a copy of your admission ticket before your test date, you may use this service to print the admission information you need to bring to the test site to be admitted to the test administration.
- I lost my admission ticket [applies to paper-based testing only]. May I still be admitted to the test site without it?
Yes, you may still be admitted to the test site and permitted to test. However,
you may first be required to complete additional paperwork, which could reduce your
available testing time. See "What to Bring to the
Test Site" for details about what you may be required to do or provide
at the test site if you do not have your admission ticket.
You may request another copy of your admission ticket through your account. If you are unable to receive a copy of your admission ticket before your test date, you may use this service to print the admission information you need to bring to the test site to be admitted to the test administration.
- How do I update my personal or contact information?
- You may update your personal or contact information yourself by logging in to your account and following the instructions provided.
- My name has recently changed and now does not match the name that appears on my identification. What should I do?
- See the identification policy in "What to Bring to the Test Site" for details about what you may be required to do or provide at the test site if the name on your identification differs from the name in which you registered.
- Will I be permitted to use a calculator on the test for which I have registered?
Depending on the test, you may or may not be permitted to use a calculator. Select your test for information about
whether calculator use is permitted for the test for which you have registered.
If your test permits use of a calculator, the test information page will contain information about calculators approved for use on tests and whether calculators are provided or must be brought by examinees.
The Day of the Test
- I was absent from the test administration. Will I receive a refund?
If you are absent, you will not receive a refund or credit of any kind. You will need to register and pay again to test at a future administration.
See the absentee policy in "Reporting to the Test Site" for additional information about absence due to an emergency circumstance.
- If, after testing, I would like to submit a comment about my testing experience, how should I do that?
- If you have comments about the test site or the conditions under which you took a test, please submit your comments in a letter sent to Evaluation Systems at the address indicated in "Contact Information." Your letter should be received by Evaluation Systems no later than seven days after your test date.
Scores and Score Reporting
- When will my scores be available?
- Select your test to find test and score report dates. See "Release of Your Test Scores" for details about different ways in which your scores are made available to you.
- How will I receive my scores? Can I access my scores online?
- See "Release of Your Test Scores" for details about different ways in which your scores are made available to you. For instance, when you register you can sign up to receive your scores by email.
- How are tests scored, and how do I read my score report?
- You will receive with your score report an explanation of how to read and interpret your scores. Also, you may access details about how to read and interpret your scores by selecting "Score Reporting" at the top of this Web page. In addition, see "MTTC Passing Requirements" for information about test design and how passing scores or standards for the test are established.
- May I request that my test be rescored?
- See "Requesting a Rescore" for complete information.
- May I request additional copies of my scores?
- Yes. See "Requesting Additional Copies of Your Test Results" for complete information about how to do this.
- Why are numeric total test scores not presented for examinees who pass the tests?
- By recommendation of the Michigan Department of Education, numeric test scores are presented only for examinees who do not pass the tests. This is to prevent the scores of those who pass from being misused—for example, to rank examinees for purposes other than credentialing, such as for employment or assignment. Scores are presented for those who do not pass to help them prepare to retake the tests.
Alternative Testing Arrangements
- How do I request alternative testing arrangements for a disability?
- See "Registering for Alternative Testing Arrangements" for complete information about how to submit a request for alternative testing arrangements for a disability (physical or other than physical).
- May I submit my request for alternative testing arrangements on the Internet?
- No. After completing your registration on the Internet, you will need to submit your Alternative Testing Arrangements Request Form and any required documentation by fax or U.S. mail. See "Registering for Alternative Testing Arrangements" for additional important information about how to request alternative testing arrangements.
- May I still request alternative testing arrangements after the regular registration deadline?
- Yes. However, because of the time that it takes to review requests adequately, and because of test-site and staffing constraints, there is no assurance that requests received after the regular registration deadline can be accommodated.
- The last time that I tested, my request for alternative testing arrangements was granted. Do I need to submit the paperwork again each time I register?
- The Alternative Testing Arrangements Request Form must be submitted each time you register. The first time that you request alternative testing arrangements, you will need to submit required documentation to support your request for alternative testing arrangements. Evaluation Systems will keep your documentation on file for one year. If you register for subsequent test dates within that year, you only need to complete a registration and submit a completed Alternative Testing Arrangements Request Form, as long as your condition and the requested alternative testing arrangements have not changed.
- May I submit a request to test on an alternative test date for religious reasons [applies to paper-based testing only]?
- See the "Alternative Test Dates" section in "Registering for Alternative Testing Arrangements" for complete information about how to register for an alternative test date for religious reasons.
Copyright © 2017 Pearson Education, Inc. or its affiliate(s). All rights reserved.
Pearson, P.O. Box 226, Amherst, MA 01004