When you register for the MTTC, you will be asked the following background questions. Providing accurate and complete background information about yourself is important; the information that you provide will be kept confidential.
Select the option that corresponds to the grade level of the teaching certificate you will be seeking or currently hold. Michigan has only two teaching certificates:
- Elementary (grades K–8)
- Secondary (grades 6–12)
Select the option that corresponds to your certification status.
- You are planning to seek your first Michigan provisional certificate after completion of a traditional teacher preparation program at a Michigan college or university.
- You are seeking an additional endorsement on a Michigan teaching certificate that you currently hold.
- You are seeking a Michigan teaching certificate after completion of a teacher preparation program in a state other than Michigan, but you do not have a teaching certificate in that state.
- You are seeking a Michigan teaching certificate, and you currently hold a valid teaching certificate in another state.
- You are seeking a Michigan teaching certificate that you are earning through a Michigan Alternative Routes to Teacher Certification program (a partnership between a school district and a college or university or Interim Teaching Certificate program).
- You have not completed or are not in the process of completing a teacher preparation program. If you are testing for a school counselor license or for "highly qualified" status for No Child Left Behind, select this option.
- You are fulfilling paraprofessional requirements. Your results will not be reported to any institution.
Copyright © 2017 Pearson Education, Inc. or its affiliate(s). All rights reserved.
Pearson, P.O. Box 226, Amherst, MA 01004